MKU, and KEMI have scheduled to begin their TPD training tomorrow on 27th to 30th December 2021 cutting short teachers’ holiday.

Course Structure Introductory module

The introductory module has five (5) chapters, which are expected to be completed within one year. The content of each chapter is based on current knowledge and research applicable to the practical needs of a Kenyan classroom teacher. The content and activities are applicable to real-life situation of a practicing teacher, are self-directed and experiential.

See also  How to View and Download TSC Payslips Online

Mode of delivery

Will be face-to-face (On site) shall be done during school holidays and online learning where the teachers and instructional leaders shall access the online content any time anywhere via modern technologies.

Assessment

The assessment will be in the form of authentic assessment that will include self-assessment, portfolio, and journals among others. The 3 assignments will account for 60 per cent of a teacher’s annual TPD score. The rest 40 per cent will be obtained through TPAD process.

See also  TSC warns field officers Over mishandling of teachers' discipline cases

Certification

Transcripts to be issued to students upon completion of a chapter and the same shared with the Teachers Service Commission. Upon successful completion of the TPD program, the teacher shall be issued with a teaching certificate renewable every five years.

Fees

Each teacher will have to pay a fee of Kenya Shillings 6000 per year to take part in the training.

See also  TSC-Unions: Delocalized Couples Can Now Smile As New Signed CBA Comes With Goodies
Previous articleTeachers ask for TSC circular validating the training of TPD
Next articleNew Salaries for all Senior Teachers In Public Schools As from 2022-TSC
News Post Logo
NewsPost is your education, politics, entertainment, and business news website. We provide you with the latest breaking news and videos straight from the sources themselves.

1 COMMENT

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here