The TSC staffing division, located at the TSC Headquarters in Nairobi performs a key role in staffing of teachers. Rita Wahome is the current director in charge of staffing.
These are some of the responsibilities of the staffing director;
- Providing guidance in the development of the directorates budget to drive its objectives;
- Development of linkages to ensure that performance of teachers is linked to their performance
- Overseeing the development of timely and quality work plans for staff in the staffing Directorate, derived from the Commissions’ strategy, to ensure effective delivery of service.
- Analyzing and reviewing the strategic objectives of Staffing directorate
- Providing leadership in the development of budgets for the division and ensure sufficient allocation of resources required for the implementation of the directorates strategy
- Participating in the formulation and implementation of the commissions policies and procedures that provide guidelines in the directorates operations, to assist in the delivery of quality service and support compliance with the relevant policies
- Monitoring the implementation of contracts for goods and services relating to the directorate
- Coordinating the development of procurement plans for the directorate and liaising with the procurement unit to ensure goods and services are procured as per the plan
- Ensuring efficiency in the utilization of funds to enhance implementation of the Directorates Strategic Objectives
- Supervising Regional and county Directors and appraising the performance of Regional Directors
- Ensuring compliance with TSC regulations and policies to enhance teacher discipline, in order for the commission to earn the trust of stakeholders, on the ability of TSC to deliver on teacher management.
- Preparing reports on various activities of the directorate on quarterly basis or as recquired.
- Liaising with the director of Quality Assurance and Standards Directorate to establish a rich database of qualified teachers
- Offering leadership in the development of policies on Recruitment and deployment of teachers, to ensure equitable distribution and optimum utilization of teachers in learning institutions
- Liaising with the Director ICT to ensure continuous updating of TMIS for real time data for teachers in the employment of the commission
- Advising the Commission on the demand and supply of teachers in order to maintain optimal staffing levels in all learning institutions
- Providing leadership in mentoring and coaching of directorate staff to inspire and motivate staff
- Liaising with Director Field Services on discipline matters for teachers and Field Staff
- Advising on staff requirements of the directorate
- Advising the commission Secretary on training needs for staff in the directorate
The following are some of the contacts for TSC headquarters in Nairobi;
TSC Website address; https://www.tsc.go.ke/
TSC official Twitter account; The official TSC account can be accessed using the handle, @TSC_KE.
TSC official Facebook account; TSC KENYA with the description thus, ‘Government Organization.’