The Teachers Service Commission (TSC) has issued clarification on replacement of primary school teachers on permanent and pensionable terms.
Last week TSC advertised 2,945 vacancies to replace teachers who exited service through natural attrition of which 2,053 posts were for primary schools and 892 posts for secondary schools.
However there was confusion among primary school teachers applying for the jobs after the online application portal failed to show application for primary school teachers.
The online system only allowed secondary school teachers to apply for the advertised vacancies. The commission has now come out to direct the teachers affected on what to do.
In the announcement today TSC says primary school teachers will not apply for the replacement vacancies through the online platform but will be selected from the merit list compiled during the recruitment of additional teachers in July 2021.
“In the January 2022 advertisement on natural attrition, primary school teachers will be selected from the merit list compiled during the recruitment of additional teachers – July 2021,” reads the statement.
ROADMAP FOR RECRUITMENT OF TEACHERS – JANUARY 2022
|1.||Advertise Vacant Posts||Wednesday 19th January, 2022|
|2.||Virtual Sensitization of Regional Directors||Friday 21st January,2022||1 Day|
|3.||Online Applications||Wednesday 19th January, 2022– Tuesday 1st February, 2022||14 Days|
|4.||Collection of Employment Forms by County Directors||Friday 28th, January, 2022||1 Day|
|5.||Generation and Sending of Merit Lists to County Directors||Wednesday 2nd February, 2022 – Thursday 3rd February, 2022||2 Days|
|6.||County Selection Process and Filling of Application for Employment Forms by Successful Candidates||Friday 11th February, 2022 – Thursday 17th February, 2022||5 Days|
|7||Concurrent vetting at the Headquarters||Friday 18th February, 2022 – Monday 21st February, 2022||2 Days|
|8||Vetting and Handling of Complaints at County Level||Tuesday 22nd February, 2022 – Friday 25th February, 2022||4 Days|
|9.||Receiving of Documents at the TSC Headquarters||Monday 28th February, 2022 – Thursday 3rd March, 2022||4 Days|
|10.||Capturing of Details of Successful|
Candidates, Opening of Files, Printing, Signing, Dispatching of Offer Letters & Initiation of Posting on Entry/Exit Reports Module.
|Friday 4th March, 2022 – Friday 25th March, 2022||15 Days|
|11.||Reporting of Teachers to schools||Monday 25th April, 2022|
|COUNTY DIRECTORS TO SUBMIT|
ADVERT FOR REPLACEMENT OF PRIMARY AND SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHERS
The Teachers Service Commission is declaring 2,945 vacancies to replace teachers exiting service through natural attrition i.e. 2,053 posts for primary schools and 892 posts for secondary schools.
The teachers recruited will serve on Permanent and Pensionable terms of service.
To qualify for recruitment, a candidate should meet the following basic requirements:
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Must be a holder of a P1 certificate in the case of primary schools and a minimum of a diploma in education in the case of secondary schools;
- Must be a registered teacher with Teachers Service Commission.
Mode of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications online through the Commission’s website, www.tsc.go.ke under ‘Careers’ or teachersonline.tsc.go.ke not later than 1st February, 2022.
General Information Please note that:
- The Teachers Service Commission Recruitment Guidelines 2021/2022 FY shall apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- In the case of primary schools, successful candidates will be posted to serve in any part of the country where vacancies exist and not necessarily in the county where they were recruited. iv) Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce original professional and academic certificates;
- Successful candidates must not fill more than one Application for Employment Forms. Filling of two or more Application for Employment Forms will lead to disqualification;
- Preference will be given to applicants who have not previously been employed by the Teachers Service Commission;
- Manually filled applications will not be accepted.
- For detailed information on available vacancies per county/or schools, applicants are advised to visit the
- TSC Website www.tsc.go.ke
The Teachers Service Commission is an equal opportunity employer and persons with disabilities (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.
The recruitment exercise is free of charge. The Teachers Service Commission forewarns applicants against fraudsters who might extort money from unsuspecting persons purporting to assist in recruitment.
REPORTING OF FRAUD
Any fraudulent activity should be reported to the nearest TSC office or Teachers Service Commission headquarters through the following telephone lines:
Director Staffing (0202892193) and Deputy Director – Staffing (0202892131) or write to the Commission through the email address email@example.com
In addition, any such fraudulent activity should be reported to the nearest police station.
SECRETARY/CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER