The Teacher Service Commission (TSC) usually advertises Job vacancies for internship programme. Those teachers who are lucky enough to secure employment with the commission under this programme, are supposed to serve for a term of one year.
The good thing you should take note is that if the commission advertises employment vacancies on permanent terms, intern teachers are eligible to apply.
Unfortunately if the intern teacher fails to conform to the code of conduct as prescribed in Internship contract or even fails to perform,it can lead to termination of the internship contract by the Commission or an Officer or Agent of the Commission.
As per the TSC internship contract, the programme is usually non-remunerative. However, intern teachers will be paid a monthly stipend as the commission may decide from time to time. Therefore the commission is supposed to make budgetary provisions annually.
The current intern teachers in secondary schools enjoy a monthly stipend of ksh. 20,000 unlike when the programme commenced previously in 2020.However, this amount is subjected to some deductions;
- National Social Security Fund (NSSF) Kshs. 200.00
- National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) kshs. 750.00.
- Total deductions sum up to Kshs. 950.00.
After all deductions have been made, the teacher takes home Kshs. 19,050.00
Breakdown of secondary school intern teacher payslip
|No.||Break down||Amount (Ksh)|
|4||NET Pay (After deductions)||19,050.00|
How to download TSC Intern Payslip
- For you to download your payslip first you visit T-pay using this link https://tpay.tsc.go.ke.
- You the supposed to enter your TSC number and your password then click login
- In case you’ve forgotten your password you can Reset it by clicking on Forgot Password then follow the procedure .
- There after you can login download your payslip and print.