The Teachers’ Commission (TSC) has issued a circular on teacher training in 2021 in the Competency Based Curriculum (CBC). According to the latest circulars from the Commission, the training will take place from May 25 to June 4, 2021.
The TSC will use a face-to-face and integrated visual model to train teachers.
CBC TRAINING DAYS IN 2021
Teachers will be trained for five (5) days on the days indicated below;
Training Day Training Area Operations Mode
25/05/2021 to 27/05/2021 Virtual Virtual Training for CSOs and CBC champions using Microsoft (regular) teams and SNE CSO Training and SNECBC Champions using Microsoft teams.
31/05/2021 to 04/06/2020 Face to Face Level Zonal of Teachers (Regular) Training
31/05/2021 to 04/06/2020 Face-to-face Zonal of Teachers (SNE) training level
The training will be done in three phases next;
Qualified trainers will train Curriculum Support Officers (CSOs) and CBC Champions (both standard and SNE) at the County Level approximately using Microsoft Teams for 3 days from 25 to 27 May 2021.
CSOs and CBC Champions (both standard and SNE) will train teachers face-to-face in compliance with MOH COVID 19 protection regulations for 5 days.
They should have at least 15 teachers per training room.
Some teachers need to be trained
The target groups for training will be 2 teachers and a Head teacher from each public primary school in the following;
Principal teachers from mainstream and SNE schools.
One teacher from grades 1 to 3 and one teacher from grades 4 to 5 (Ordinary schools)
One teacher from grade 1 to 3 and one teacher from grade 4 to 5 (SNE schools) based on the table provided below.
Regional and County Directors TSC will do the following:
- Officially invite head teachers to be trained for 5 days.
- Identify and invite teachers to be trained for 5 days by their principal principals.
- Consider the selection of SNE teachers as led by SNE CSOs in your region based on the table provided below.
- Identify suitable locations with CSOs and Sub county directors for training
- Encourage local facilitators to prepare all food and tea for teachers. Coordinate training materials on time.
- Coordinating and monitoring teacher training sessions
- Prepare and guide teachers on material training as advised by the financial unit from Head Office.
- Prepare and submit a training report