Teachers Service Commission has invited Applications from qualified candidates to fill 6,674 teacher internship posts.
The posts include 1,998 for primary schools and 4,876 for secondary schools. This is part of the National Government post Covid-19 Economic Stimulus Programme, announced via the seventh Presidential Address on the coronavirus pandemic on 23 May, 2020.
The Teacher Internship Programme is a one (1) year programme meant to equip and sustain competencies of persons entering teaching service. The programme targets unemployed registered teachers to be assigned to learning institutions where their teaching experience will be enhanced through mentorship coaching and exposure to practical teaching experience.
Interested candidates must meet the following requirements requirements:
- Be Kenyan citizen;
- Must be a registered teacher with Teachers Service Commission.
- Be a holder of a Pl Certificate for Primary school teachers and a minimum of a Diploma in Education Certificate for Secondary school teachers:
- Have original academic and professional certificates:
- Should not have been in previous employment with the Teachers Service Commission as a teacher on permanent terms;
- Be ready to be posted to any public educational institution in Kenya
- Must have a Personal Accident Insurance to cover for personal risks during the internship period.
- In addition, Successful applicants shall be required to produce A copy of the National identity Card [IU) or Passport A copy of Teacher Registration Certificate/print-out from Teachers Service Commission online portal evidencing registration as a teacher
- A copy of National Council for Persons with Disability (NCPWD) card (where applicable}:
- A valid certificate of good conduct;
- Two [2) coloured passport size photographs
- A copy of National Health insurance Fund (NHIF) card:
- A copy of Kenya Revenue Authority Personal identification Personal Number [KRA PIN)
The Internship period will be for twelve (12) months.
This is not a remunerative engagement. However teacher interns attached to Primary schools will be eligible for a monthly stipend of Kshs. 15,000/, while those attached to Secondary schools will be eligible tor a monthly stipend of KShs. 20,000/
The stipend will be paid subject to statutory deductions where applicable.
On successful completion of the Internship Programme, the intern will be awarded a certificate.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to make the applications ONLINE through the Teachers Service Commission Website www.tsc.go.ke under Careers” or www.teachersonline.go.ke by Monday, 14 December, 2020.
Serving teacher interns are not eligible to apply.
For detailed information on application procedure and the available vacancies per County and institution, you are advised to visit the TSC Website: www.tsc.go.ke
Manual Applications will not be considered. The Teachers Service Commission is an equal opportunity employer and persons with disabilities (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.
The recruitment exercise is undertaken free of charge. The Teachers Service Commission forewarns applicants against fraudsters who might extract money from unsuspecting applicants or any persons purporting to assist in the recruitment.
REPORTING OF FRAUD
Any fraudulent activity in regard to this advert should be reported directly to the nearest Teaches Service Commission Office or to Teachers Service Commission Headquarters through the following telephone lines: Director Staffing (0202892193):
Deputy Director Staffing (020289213); or write directly to the Teaches Service Commission through e-mail address email@example.com
In addition, any fraudulent activity should be reported to the nearest Police Station.