One of the most key sectors in Kenya is education, which is overseen by the government through the ministry of education.

All elementary and secondary schools in Kenya must follow the academic schedule that is set by the government. Through the ministry of education, which is overseen by the minister responsible for education, they carry out this particular responsibility.

The 2022 academic year will be the shortest and most difficult in the country’s history. It becomes evident that many stakeholders are in a race against time and the curriculum when term dates are explored in greater depth.

So that the form four students can begin their KCSE exams on December 1st, all schools are required to close on November 25th. The KCPE exams will start for primary schools on November 28 and go until December 1.

All parents should now anticipate their non-KCPE and non-KCSE exam-taking children returning home this month. Those taking the KCPE will finish on December 1, while those taking the KCSE will finish on December 23.

The Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE), the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE), and the Grade Three and Six exams under the Competency-Based Curriculum are the four national exams for the 2022 academic year (CBC).

KCPE has been slated for between November 28 and December 1, while KCSE will take place between December 1 and 23.

The Grade Six exam will be sat between November 28-30, with 1.27 million candidates registered to sit the pioneer exam under the new curriculum which will see them join junior secondary schools.

The CBC Grade 6 exam will constitute 40 percent of the total score while the Grade 4, 5, and 6 school-based assessments will make up the remaining 60 percent. The Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) announced it would open a portal from August 15 to August 30 where Grade 6 learners would then select their preferred junior high.

Previous articleExams For KPSEA Will Test These Subjects For Grade 6 Students
Next articleMPs plan to remove TSC CEO from office after stopping delocalization
News Post Logo
NewsPost is your education, politics, entertainment, and business news website. We provide you with the latest breaking news and videos straight from the sources themselves.

1 COMMENT

  1. How Will unprivileged families get University education?Then it means education in Ruto’s government is for the rich.God help us.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here