The Kenya Universities and College Placement Service (KUCCPS) has now opened the 2020/2021 inter-institution transfer portal which will run for two months that’s from 15th June to 15th August 2020.
This one will enable those students who were not pleased with the university/ college in which they were placed to transfer to the university/college of their choice
Before commencing the application for transfer, please read these instructions carefully:
- For one to be eligible for transfer, the Placement Service must have placed the applicant to the programme one is seeking a transfer from.
- One will only be able to apply to transfer to a course whose minimum requirements one meets.
- Applicants to degree programmes must meet the applicable cut-off point for their respective placement year.
- The programme applied to must have been on offer in the year the applicant was placed.
- An applicant may only apply to transfer to one programme.
- An applicant shall only transfer once for the duration of the programme placed.
- The applicant may view the available programmes and their requirements by clicking the Programmes tab above and can search for courses by institution, using the Institutions tab above.
- Once the applicant has settled on a preferred programme, only the 7-Character Programme Code will be required.
- To apply, use the transfer applications tab and follow the instructions provided.
- An application-processing fee of Ksh1,000 is charged per application.
- A prompt for the M-PESA transaction code will appear at the point of submission. Please keep the transaction code safely as it may be required again.
- CAUTION! Do not make any payment before the applicant has been prompted or after the application deadline has passed!
- Once one has made an application for transfer, the applicant may monitor the progress of their application via the student’s portal.
How to apply for inter-institution transfer
- Visit KUCCPS student portal at http://students.kuccps.net/ to log in
- After that click the transfer tab at the top of your window
- Select the programme and in the inter-institution transfer field enter the programme code
- You should give a reason why you could wish to transfer
- After filling the form correctly, download and print
- You should also send the form to the institution you transferring to for endorsement and acceptance
- When accepted ,you should take the form to your previous university for release and then send it to kuccps for your new admission letter.