The KNEC KCPE and KCSE Registration 2021 online in Kenya is usually done from the Kenya National Examinations Council – KNEC website: For KCPE Registration: http://www.knec-portal.ac.ke/kcpe/REGISTRATION
The council has opened its portal today which will enable KCPE and KCSE candidates of 2021 to register.The portal will remain open from 2nd June 2021 to 31st July 2021. There will be no late registration therefore we urge schools to ensure they register their candidates within the given timeline.
For KCSE Registration: https://www.knec-portal.ac.ke/KCSE/REGISTRATION/Login.aspx
Below is a guide of how to do the Registration for 2021 KCPE and KCSE Candidates
- KNEC has dictated that schools with less than five (5) candidates will register their candidates in another approved examination centre.
- Any school with between 6 and 14 candidates will be hosted by another centre that will be determined by the Sub County Director of Education. The information on such schools will require to be submitted to KNEC together with the registration materials. Meanwhile, the hosted school will retain its code during the registration of candidates
- It is mandatory that all candidates in class seven (7) be registered where they have been learning. Registration of a candidate in two centres (double registration) will be treated as examination malpractice.
- All candidates for both KCPE and KCSE examinations will be issued with an INDEX NUMBER as per the school’s ADMISSION REGISTER and NOT class performance.
The new schools wishing to be registered as 2021 KCPE and KCSE examination centres should submit the following documents to KNEC for verification:
- A valid registration certificate from the County Director of Education
- Duly filled inspection questionnaire from the Sub County Director of Education
- Duly filled application form from the school.
This information should be submitted to the KNEC by 30th August, 2021. No application forms will be accepted by KNEC for new centres later than 30th August, 2021.
NB: Expired registration certificates will not be accepted.
The new Sub Counties wishing to be allocated a KNEC code and coding of the schools should submit to KNEC the following information;
- A Kenya Gazette notice legalizing the creation of the Sub County;
- List of Schools showing their previous codes and the proposed new codes;
- Location of the storage facility (Container) and details of the Deputy County Commissioner (DCC) or Assistant Deputy County Commissioner (ADCC) office.
This information should reach KNEC before 30th August, 2021.
The Headmaster, Principal or the authorized person will follow these four steps to register the candidates;
- Visit the KNEC website https://www.knec-portal.ac.ke/kcpe/REGISTRATION/Login.aspx
- Download the application form for the candidates’ registration
- Fill the candidates details to create the registration file
- Login again into the KNEC Website and:
- Upload the registration file
- Enter “new candidate” to register the new candidate
- Then click on “Edit existing candidates” to fill the school and other details
- Generate and print nominal roll and School Invoice
NB: The school administrators should know that this application is only available up to last day of the Registration period.