The Jomo Kenyatta Foundation (JKF) scholarship scheme is an educational fund set up by the Foundation to assist bright but needy secondary school students in the public secondary schools in Kenya.
The Jomo Kenyatta Foundation (JKF) scholarship programme has to date assisted more than 10,000 Kenyan students pursue secondary school education. This translates to an expenditure of over Kshs.400 million in the last 40 years.
Jomo Kenyatta Foundation (JKF) is currently supporting a total of 1,280 beneficiaries in various public secondary schools across the country.
Kenya Secondary School Scholarship Eligibility
Applicants for the scholarship must meet the following requirements;
Be a Kenyan citizen
- Must have sat for KCPE in the previous year
- Must obtain the minimum set KCPE marks (this varies every year depending on the number of mandatory examinable subjects)
- Be an orphan or from a family suffering extreme poverty
- Be of good discipline
- Be admitted in a public secondary school
- Priority is given to applicants from public primary schools.
Kenya Secondary School Scholarship Application
- In order for an application to be considered the following documents must be submitted;
- A certified copy of the KCPE result slip.
- A copy of form one admission letter/joining instructions
- Evidence of being an orphan or suffering from extreme poverty where applicable
The foundation has kept its tradition and availed conditions and application forms for 2019 Form One applicants.
To be eligible for the scholarship, a candidate must be bright and orphaned or come from a needy family. Persons with disability are also considered for the scholarship.
Requirements of application
An applicant will need to attach the following documents to the application form:
- Birth Certificate
- Death Certificate/Burial Permit (of deceased parent or parents)
- KCPE Results Slip
- Recommendation letter from Local Administration
The JKF Board of Directors can withdraw scholarship anytime if the holder does not attain an average mark of 50% in his terminal examination each year.
Scholarship can also be withdrawn if JKF finds out candidate has double sponsorship.
The Jomo Kenyatta Foundation Scholarship application form is available for download at http://scholarship.jkf.co.ke