The Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) has announced the hiring of 418,192 temporary positions before the August 9, 2022 election.
The Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) is seeking qualified applicants for the following temporary positions, which will be filled during the General Election on August 9th, 2022.
- 47 Deputy County Returning Officers,
- 290 Deputy Constituency Returning Officers,
- 52481 Presiding Officers,
- 52481 Deputy Presiding Officers,
- 389 Logistics Officers,
- 5827 Support Electoral Trainers (SETS),
- 580 ICT Clerks,
- 302860 Polling Clerks / Counting Clerks,
- 47 County – Based Voter Educators,
- 290 Constituency – Based Voter Educators, and
- 2900 Ward – Based Voter Educators
Those interested in the positions can apply by going to the IEBC job portal and filling out an application.
Part of the announcement said, “Applicants who strictly meet the conditions should apply online at the IEBC employment portal.”
The IEBC also stated that the portal will close on May 5, and that interested applicants should submit their applications as soon as possible.
The IEBC’s declaration comes just days after IEBC Chairperson Wafula Chebukati announced that over 300,000 Kenyans would be hired on a temporary basis to oversee the August 9 elections.