Teachers Service Commission (TSC) issues a certification of registration to all teachers who have trained and qualified to be teachers. This certificate contains your full names,date registered for the service and a TSC Number which is unique to all teachers.
Accidentally your certificate may get lost. In such a scenario don’t be worried because nowadays replacing lost TSC certificates has been simplified. You will just need to follow all the steps we are going to highlight in this article.
The certificate of registration is a bind and usually acts as an evidence that shows that the teacher is a bonafide member of the commission and has all the right to teach in any part of the republic of Kenya.
During the job interviews you will be required to provide this document to prove that indeed you are a teacher registered by the commission. The document can be required also during promotions to other job groups. Therefore the document is very important which needs to be kept safe. But in case it get lost or maybe you misplace it you can easily replace it and get another one .
The commission will only allow you to replace your certificate if ;
- Your TSC certificate is misplaced.
- Your certificate is lost.
- Your certificate is Damaged.
- Your certificate is completely destroyed
- You wish to change their names on the current certificate.
Requirements for Replacing Lost TSC Certificates
- You supposed to pay Kshs.2055 (non refundable) for duplicate certificates.
- Provide the bank slip issues by the bank upon payment of replacement fee.
- Your photocopy of the national identity card/passport.
- You provide an affidavit or marriage certificate (for name changes).
Take Note: you will be required to scan copies of the original document which are required and submit them online and payment should be made to the TSC Registration Account:
National Bank of Kenya A/C No. 01001005707400.
Steps to replace lost TSC Certificates
- Get all the required documents highlighted above ready and scanned on PDF form.
- Visit TSC website using their Official link
- You will be redirected to a page to begin the process
- Enter your national identity /passport number.
- Click on NEXT to complete other fields displayed on the page.
- Then click NEXT and upload your bank slip together with other applicable supportive documents and wait for further communication.