TPAD: is an abbreviation for Teacher’s Performance Appraisal and Development.
This is a performance evaluation tool that was developed by TSC in order to assesses the performance of a teacher as per the set standards prescribed by the Commission.
The TPAD portal has been recently updated to TPAD2 and is more of online hence faster and efficient.
The new TPAD has five teaching standards which are broadly categorised into three as opposed to the old one which had Seven teaching standards. The three major categories include :
- Instructional Delivery/Teaching
- Teacher Conduct and Professionalism
- Community Practice.
Section 52 of the Code of Regulations for Teachers (2015) stipulates that the Commission shall in administering the performance appraisal system: –
- Require Heads of institution to provide oversight role in the performance appraisal for the teachers in their respective institutions.
- Use performance appraisal reports for purpose of promotion, deployment and other rewards as may be prescribed from time to time.
- Identify training needs and take corrective measures in cases of unsatisfactory performance.
- Develop and review criteria, guidelines and tools for performance appraisal from time to time which shall be accessible in the commission website or as the Commission may advice.
How to create TSC TPAD Portal
For you to create a new TPAD account is very simple and straight forward .what you need is to follow the steps below:
1. Click on https://tpad2.tsc.go.ke/auth/create_account to access the new account creation portal.
2. Fill in the fields shown
Phone Number (07xxxxxxxx)
Mode of Notification sms Create Account
3. Click on ‘Create’ Once done.
4. A success message is shown and you will receive an SMS Token on your phone within a short time.
5. Enter the Code received via SMS and click on ‘Verify Token’. This completes the registration process.
To add your Bio Data
After creating the account then next thing you need to do is to add your your level of Education and subject combination details.
1. Add your information: Bio/ Institution Information, Contact information.
2. Select ‘Subjects Combination’ and add your teaching subjects. Select your subjects combinations from the list and click on ‘Submit’ when done.
3. Then, click on ‘Level of Education’ to add details. Select your KCSE grade, Highest level of Education and Institution of Study. Next, click on Submit.
ROLES OF THE TEACHERS IN THE NEW TPAD
Teachers are expected to do a self appraisal thereby they are supposed to create an appraisal and upload the data online.
ROLES OF THE PRINCIPAL IN THE NEW TPAD
• He/she is supposed to induct new teachers on TPAD
• He/she is supposed to capture the new teachers in TIMS
• He/she is supposed to activate new teachers on TPAD
• He/she is supped to remove outgoing teachers
The Principal also performs the following roles in TPAD
• Provide oversight role in the performance appraisal for the teachers
• Continuously monitor and evaluate the appraisal process and submit termly reports
• Appraise the Deputy Principal
• Schedule meetings for appraising the Deputy Principal
• Observing the Deputy Principal
• Countersigning officer for all the teachers in the school Arbitration
ROLES OF THE DEPUTY PRINCIPAL IN THE NEW TPAD
• Update the Lesson Attendance
• Register on weekly basis
• Appraise the HODs and teachers
• Schedule meetings for appraising the HODs and teachers
• Observing the HODs and teachers
• Arbitration for the teachers