The world has turned into a global village in this era of the 21st century. Nowadays you can access any information you would wish to know through online research.This age of internet connectivity has brought many changes to how the government of Kenya delivers its services. These days, it’s no longer a matter of making queue throughout the day to get any service offered to you. But only a matter of accessing the internet to get answers.
Below is a simple guide on how you check if your driving license is ready for collection while comfortably at home.
A driving License is an authority that allows one to drive all category of vehicles in Kenya. Its issued by the National Transport and Safety Authority (NTSA). That is the NTSA driving License checker. However, you should have attended or gone through a recognised driving school and passed the exam before applying for it. If you are found driving any vehicle in kenya minus having a valid driving license, you can be taken to court since its a crime to do so.
How to check the status of your driving license
You can check if your driving license is ready for collection using the two major ways. They include;
- Through the NTSA driving License checker.
- Through the KRA.
1.Checking Status of the Licence using KRA RTD checker
- Go to the KRA website
On the far right corner, select, online services button and click on it
- You will be redirected to another page.
- Please select ‘case status checker.’
- A dialogue box will appear which will redirect you to an external page, click Ok
- You will be redirected to Itax page
- Input type of case, which is registration and reference number as well as the date
- Then click on Submit, and you will be able to get a response on whether the driving License it is ready or not
2.Checking Status of the Licence using NTSA
Here you can also check the status of your driving license using two methods that’s you can either use NTSA App or eCutizen account. Bear in mind nowadays when you apply for driving license you should go through eCitizen.
When checking your driving license status through this method what you need to do is to :
- Log into your eCitizen account
- Select NTSA tab
- Then select on check status
- You will then get a notification regarding whether your License is prepared or not.
TIMS website and NTSA driving License checker
This is another method which you can use to check the status of your Driving License. Here you can do it by;
- Go to this page http://www.ntsa.go.ke/
- Select TIMS – it’s on the far right corner
- A new page will open
- Here, select register. One can either register as an individual, dealer, agent, financial institution, company, driving school.
- Select whether you are a citizen or not and then Input your ID number and click on Verify
- After completing the registration, login, to access your account
- Here, one can be able to check the status of their Driving License as well as reapply for one.
This is the last method you csn use to check the status of your Driving License. You can download the app from google play store for those who use android phones and for those who use iPhone you can get the app from iphone store. Therefore you need to download the app and install it in your device.
This app can assist you in many ways. Some of them included ;
- You can use it to report road accidents
- check the status of their driving license
- Road service and licensing status check
- Status of Sacco license
- State of PSV licensing
- vehicle night travel license status
- Verily the application process as well as check the inspection status of motor vehicle
Do not be cheated and be given a fake license. Please use the simple methods explained above to help you resolve your issues with NTSA online. The methods above can help you save your time and money .
Thanks for being part of Newspost.co.ke Follow us and even subscribe to receive fresh updates on Education, Politics ,Business and Entertainment .