Education Cabinet Secretary Prof George Magoha yesterday released results for 2020/2021 Course application cycle. All successful applicants have been informed of their courses through direct SMS and may have also logged in to the student’s portal students.kuccps.net to view their placement status.
Its obvious that some of the applicants will not be satisfied with the results, for that reason they would wish to transfer from the institution they have been placed to another one of their choice.This process is called inter-university transfer.
The dissatisfaction is as a result of the computerized selection process which is very competitive leading to some candidates being placed to courses not applied for after failing to meet entry points of the 7 optional courses on their list of selection that is done based on the question of choice and cluster.
KUCCPS has now announced that the inter-university transfer window for the 2020/2021 cycle will be open in mid-June 2020.
In a statement, the placement,body has urged applicants who want to change their courses or universities to keep on checking the KUCCPS website for updates on inter-university transfer.
“If you have been placed to a university/college and you’d like to change your institution (or course), the inter-institution transfer window for the 2020/2021 cycle will open in mid-June 2020. Keep checking the Placement Service website http://kuccps.ac.ke for updates,” said the placement body in a statement.
Below is a detailed guide to help you transfer to the university of your choice.
Before you commence the application for transfer ensure you read these instructions carefully:
- Applications for inter-university transfer are usually done through the KUCCPS student’s application portal. I.e (www.students.kuccps.ac.ke )
- Interested applicants will be required to log in to the student’s portal to initiate the application.
- For one to be eligible for transfer, the Placement Service must have placed the applicant to the programme one is seeking a transfer from.
- One will be required to meet the minimum requirements of a course he/she wants to transfer to.
- Applicants to degree programmes must meet the applicable cut-off point for their respective placement year.
- The programme applied to must have been on offer in the year the applicant was placed.
- An applicant may only apply to transfer to one programme.
- An applicant shall only transfer once for the duration of the programme placed.
- The applicant may view the available programmes and their requirements by clicking the Programmes tab above and can search for courses by institution, using the Institutions tab above.
- Once the applicant has settled on a preferred programme, only the 7-Character Programme Code will be required.
- To apply, use the transfer applications tab and follow the instructions provided.
- An application-processing fee of Ksh1,000 is charged per application.
- A prompt for the M-PESA transaction code will appear at the point of submission.
- Please keep the transaction code safely as it may be required again.
CAUTION! Do not make any payment before the applicant has been prompted or after the application deadline has passed!
- Once you make an application for transfer, you are supposed to monitor the progress of your application through the student’s portal
- If your transfer is not Approved, then the you will be retained in the course placed in.
- Merit will be used as a criterion for transfer and that all applicants to a particular course will be ranked in order of merit and will be allocated the vacant position on merit.
- Applicants are cautioned against sending money to any individual posing on social media or any other platform purporting to be in a position to assist them.
- The Placement Service does not require applicants to send money to any mobile phone numbers
Procedure For Inter University Transfer:
- Log in in KUCCPS student portal via students.kuccps.ac.ke.
- Click on inter-university/Institution Transfer.
- Fill the form, by entering transfer application details and reasons for the transfer.
- Pay the required fees.
- Wait for endorsement by the receiving institution and releasing institution.
- KUCCPS reviews your application.
- If accepted, the receiving institution will send a transfer letter.