HELB loan application for first time applicants that’s 2020/2021 academic year(incoming first years) are now open. Below is a procedure on how to apply. The procedure of online application includes the documents that one needs to have to help him or her when applying for HELB for the first time. The maximum amount of HELB that each university student can get is ksh. 60,000 and the minimum HELB loan awarded to students is ksh. 35,000.
Those Who wish to apply they only have 163 days to do so.
HELB loan applications are done online though student portal but applicants are required to download the forms after filling so that they can be signed and submitted to HELB offices (Located at Anniversary Towers Nairobi).
Documents required when applying for HELB Loan
Some of the documents that you should have when starting to apply for HELB include ;
- National ID card
- Bank Account (I will encourage you to use equity bank)
- A KRA PIN (Go to any Cyber and they will help you to generate a KRA pin from the Kenya Revenue Authority.)
- Parents Details (Photocopy of their Identification Card)
- Email address
- Details of any three people who will be your guarantors that are already employed (You should have a copy of their ID)
How to apply for HELB for the first time
- Visit helb student portal webiste
- Click on the Tab Indicated create account to create your HELB account
- After logging into your account click on the link First Time Undergraduate Loan Application
- Start filling your form accurately. Don’t skip any step (You will be expected to fill personal details, education, university, parents, family expenses, guarantors, and Bank details). So make sure you have them.
- After you have completed filling your form accurately go to the homepage to confirm whether you have filled your form correctly
- After confirming that you have filled your form correctly go to home page and the click the icon indicated “Print form” to print your HELB Form.
- After filling your form, ensure that all the parts required to be signed have been signed