Elimu scholarship is an initiative funded by the World Bank and Government of Kenya through Ministry of education that seeks to improve secondary education under Secondary Education quality improvement project (SEQIP).
Besides providing scholarships to KCPE 2021 students joining secondary school in 2021 from vulnerable, needy families and those with special needs, SEQIP also funds construction of classrooms and hiring of tsc teachers to meet the student to teacher ratio requirement.
Over 9,000 students who meet the requirements listed below will benefit from Kenya Shillings 20 billion funding for SEQIP.
The scholarship will cater for School fees, transport, and learning materials for the fours years of secondary education.
Requirement of applying for Elimu Scholarship
You can only apply for Elimu scholarship if you meet the requirements below:
- Those with special needs and disabilities
- Orphans and Vulnerable children
- Student from vulnerable communities (from this sub-counties)
- Candidates with poor parents living with disabilities
- Candidates with parents living with HIV/AIDS and chronic diseases like (Cancer, Kidney failure e.t.c) that cannot raise school fees
- Candidates from needy families
- Candidates who have been neglected or abused
- Candidate must have scored 280 marks and above in KCPE 2021
- Candidates must have done their KCPE 2021 exams from public schools
- Candidates must be from (Listed 110 Sub-counties)
How to apply for Elimu Scholarship Programme
You can either apply for Elimu scholarship online or download application form and fill it manually. Below is the application procedure:
- To apply online go to: Elimu Scholarship online
- For Manual application: Download 2021 Elimu Application form pdf
- After downloading the application form, print it and fill in capital letters
- Submit the form to the nearest Equity Bank branch or agent
- You will be required to come with original documents for interviews if you are shortlisted
Deadline of Elimu scholarship application will be updated keep refreshing this page.