Education Cabinet Secretary Prof George Magoha has announced the placement of over 1.2 million pupils who sat their KCPE exams in March this year.
Speaking in Nairobi, he noted that the selection and placement of students in secondary schools was done through a computerized system.
CS Magoha announced that parents and candidates who sat the 2021 KCPE can check their selection remotely using SMS or on the Ministry of Education website.
Schools can also access a complete list of their candidates’ Form One selection by accessing the National Education Management Information System Nemis portal.
Form One students will be required to report to school on Tuesday, May 3, 2022. Students will have to physically report to their respective schools with principals asked not to admit students on the Nemis portal unless the same condition is met.
How to download form one 2022 admission letter.
It is important to note that secondary schools do not send admission letters to students. The ministry of education has provided a simple online platform where form one 2022 students can conveniently download their admission letter.
To download your letter follow these steps:
- Go to: Form one 2022 admission letter For National Schools, Form one 2022 admission letter For Extra county Schools and Form one 2022 admission letter For County Schools.
- Select the county and sub-county you sat KCPE then key in your index number and Submit.
- Click on the link named “admission letter” at the bottom of the page for a copy of your admission letter.
- Use the printer icon to print or download icon to download to your computer.
- Get your primary school’s headteacher to endorse the letter and stamp it in the space provided.
- Finally, present it for admission together with a certified copy of birth certificate
Additionally, joining instructions for schools of all categories can be accessed through an online portal on the education ministry website (www.education.go.ke/online-services/form-one-selection) as follows:
- From the main menu, one will choose the school category list (National, Extra County, County and Sub-county) and proceed to submit the candidate’s index number.
- At the bottom of the next page, one needs to click through the ‘Admission letter’ link to open the admission letter.
- One can use the ‘Printer’ icon to print or download the document, then take it to the candidate’s primary school’s headteacher for endorsement and stamping.
The candidate will be required to present the stamped letter alongside their birth certificate on the admission day.
On the other hand, School heads can access and download their respective Form One selection lists by logging in into the National Education Management Information System (NEMIS) portal (www.nemis.education.go.ke).
Online Form one 2022 joining instructions
Once the student has downloaded the form one 2020 admission letter, the next thing is to go through the details and prepare adequately for admission exercise.
Fees payment bank slip
The admission letter will also contain fees structure as provided by the ministry of education.